[RE-wrenches] Mobile Solar power Center

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Mon Jan 19 16:39:16 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Parrish" <peter.parrish at calsolareng.com>
> inverter I'll be using (Xantrex Prosine 1000). Does anyone have a source
for

I put a Prosine 2500 w/charger in a same purpose trailer 10 years ago and it
worked great for a year and a half and at one event on the beachfront I
showed up, fired it up, it powered up fine and as the stage continued to
plug things in the smoke was suddenly released.  OH NO now what?
A local with public event history there at the beach showed up with a
pigtail and tapped into the Light pole power at the base as he occasionlly
did for events and I left with my pride bruised. I now bring a spare
inverter to cover my assets, reliability.
Reliability in those PR events is critical.

I want to build a larger one and would definitely start with at least the OB
or Magnum.

The worst part was Statpower just sent me a new warrenty replacement unit as
they are not repairable here but sent back to China I was told, so no
feedback on failure mode and the error code was not relevant.

I tried to open the unit up to inspect it but the assembly order was not
evident even after 20 or so screws so screwed it back up before I screwed it
up.

Have fun with it.
Wallace Stahle

Also, when trying to get load estimates for events the sound engineer idea
of watts is way over actual AC watts RMS required.
Does anybody know how to adjust speaker peak watts to likely AC load watts?