[RE-wrenches] NABCEP "rant"

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Fri Jan 16 07:26:34 PST 2009

I know that for those of us in more rural areas the post educational
requirements (18 hrs of continuing certified education) can also be
burdensome. I agree that this is a good thing but few, if any,
certifcation programs are held in Maine. We typically have to travel 6-8
hours each way, hotel, travel costs, food, etc. to get to Vermont, MA, or
other states. It would be great if manufacturers could look at this,
possibly certify more on-line courses, or look at other options.
Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design