[RE-wrenches] Battery Automatic Watering

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Mon Dec 14 06:57:47 PST 2009

I stopped using Hydro-caps after replacing the umpteenth set that had melted
down. During a conversation with Hydro-cap I was told that [& this was many
years ago] the bulk voltage was too high @ 28.8 VDC and I charge 24 volt
banks to 29.2 VDC and I should be using a lower setting and if I was to and
that I was going to EQ that I needed to remove the caps. I feel that this is
out of line and it did not agree with my battery suppliers requirement to
completely charge and maintain a properly maintained bank. I have thrown out
literally 100's of caps that have melted down over the years.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

I will be the shift in how the world uses power! - Dana Orzel