[RE-wrenches] Battery Automatic Watering

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 13 18:17:45 PST 2009

You can get Hydrocaps direct from Hydrocap Corp., 975 N.W. 95 Street, Miami, FL 33150, Tel 305-696-2504. I gave up trying to buy them after they returned my check twice. They wanted more info about charge rates and battery dimensions even though I filled out their order form and talked to them twice. I think they were concerned because the Hydrocaps from the old set of the same IBE cells did not fit on the new cells even though they were the same model IBE cells. Instead, I'm getting a garden sprayer and will check and fill the cells as needed. I'll check the cells every 2 months in the first year and then determine the inspection frequency. The batteries are on a Sunny Boy/Island grid-tie PV system so inspection will probably be 2 to 4 times per year after the first year.

Joel Davidson