[RE-wrenches] wiring the Soladeck

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Nov 24 23:34:08 PST 2009

At 11:21 PM 11/24/2009, you wrote:
>Ok William, I'll bite: what are your exclusive PV wire Transition Boxes?

Ray:

http://millersolar.com/practices/Technical_Procedures/PV_wiring/PV_wiring.html

>Article 100, definition of accessible says:
>"capable of being .... exposed without damaging the building structure or
>finish....."
>  it seems unbolting a module to get at the j box isn't doing anything to
> the building.

Unbolting a module (or lifting a bottom-up rack) is often a two person
job.  Although this is not "damaging a building or structure,"  it defies
common sense to make accessing a splice or breaker for troubleshooting so
difficult.

William Miller

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985