[RE-wrenches] wiring the Soladeck

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Nov 24 23:21:01 PST 2009

Ok William, I'll bite: what are your exclusive PV wire Transition Boxes?
Your link showed some lovely EMT work, etc, but now I'm also curious about these transition boxes mentioned, but not pictured.

Also, I've seen the same interpretation of "accessible" in Hawaii, that J boxes couldn't be under the array,
They didn't make the destination of whether or not connections were made in the j box.
Article 100, definition of accessible says:
"capable of being .... exposed without damaging the building structure or finish....."
 it seems unbolting a module to get at the j box isn't doing anything to the building.
I always took it to mean not covered by drywall or plaster, etc.
Guess it depends on the AHJ, huh?

 Ray Walters