[RE-wrenches] Equipment shortages, long lead times?

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Tue Nov 24 08:04:07 PST 2009

At the risk of stirring the hornets nest, I disagree with NABCEP's stance of this issue.

I think for their own survival and best interest they need to specialize.
Battery based and batteryless are really different critters.
And that the present and future of the industry is hugely weighted to the batteryless systems it makes perfect sense to have two different sections.

Since NABCEP already has 2 tests, they can add a third.
This is a new revenue stream for NABCEP.

And thanks Daryl for the idea of the transmission repair person.  I got to thinking and yes in the old days, folks repaired both, and many mechanics will still try their hands at repairing standards, but the automatics have gotten very very complex needing very special tools and training such that that someone who fixes automatics might be able to fix a standard, but it doesn't go the other way.

My 2 cents,

jay

peltz power