[RE-wrenches] Equipment shortages, long lead times?

Jeff Lahl jefflahl at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 13:57:56 PST 2009

Thanks, Lee.   As 98% of our systems are off-grid, we really hope there is a continued interest in the industry in learning about and working with these systems.  Besides having our own project management staff now, we also often hire very experienced solar techs to be project installation managers on a contract basis- so we need a pool of people out there who really understand battery charging.  And it's not just simple lighting systems any more - our average system is over 3kwp and we're doing more and more 5-10kwp systems, 3-phase hybrids, Sunny Islands, etc. And you're so right about the future - there's still over a billion and a half people who won't have electricity any time in the next decade or more unless it's PV.

Jeff Lahl  |  Project Director
Solar Electric Light Fund  |  www.self.org
p 808-874-5706
f  808-874-5706