[RE-wrenches] Seasonal Adjusters

jason pozner zzyyzzx11 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 07:31:22 PDT 2009

We prefer pole mounts as well for ease of adjust ability, simple to brush
off, and can accommodate our 55deg winter tilt.  We like DPW as well.  If
the client or site is stuck on the roof mount we always go flush and try to
keep the array as high on the roof as we can while still giving a little
space for wind sheer.  We have seen snow build up on the back side of the
array (north) that gets shaded and begins to ice dam.  If unmaintained in
the right conditions you could get buildup and stress behind the array.  The
solution is maintenance and the right client will shovel their roof behind
the tilted modules.  We partnered on a job like Jay talked about  I attached
a pic of that job.  It works great!  We simply welded brackets along the
pole and attached to the side of the cabin.  Also attached a pic of  some
roof damage on a unmaintained roof valley. Both jobs are at about 10,500'
Irwin CO.