[RE-wrenches] Fwd: Grounding on a glacier??

boB Gudgel boB at midnitesolar.com
Thu Jul 23 11:58:26 PDT 2009

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> An interesting quandary indeed.

This is another good example of an application that I was trying to
grill Sunpower about --- as far as grounding their modules that need to
be positive grounded
in order to take advantage of their higher efficiencies.   They couldn't
answer this simple question.  How would you use one in an airplanefor
instance ?
There are solar powered airplanes (sort  of)   Is a large faraday shield
enough ?   Sort of like the ground radials that Larry has mentioned.  I
would
imagine that if you get large enough radials that it ~might~ approach
being a virtual ground. Works for antennas though.

I like questions like this one.  Sure makes one think a bit.

boB