[RE-wrenches] Spacing between solar arrays

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon May 11 18:39:36 PDT 2009

Joel:

We have a spreadsheet on our web site that calculates inter-row spacing for
south facing rows on flat or angled
surfaces:  http://millersolar.com/resources/resources.html

You have added a new twist that has us momentarily stumped -- non-south
facing rows.  I am working on a solution and I will add it to the
spreadsheet as soon as I figure it out.

There is a manufacturer that had a super excel spreadsheet to calculate
inter-row shading, complete with nifty graphics, but I forget now
where-in-the-web it is.  Anyone else remember this one?

William Miller

PS:  I have had a lot of comments from around the world of those using our
design tools and even a few that added some ideas.  Our thanks to all who
have helped and commented.

Wm

At 09:39 AM 5/11/2009, you wrote:
>Wrenches,
>
>Someone posted a website or calculation for determining the spacing
>between solar arrays, but I can not find it. It is easy to get the spacing
>from a drawing when the array faces true south, but when the array faces
>southeast or southwest is what we need to know. Please help. Thank you
>very much.
>
>Joel Davidson
>
>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985