[RE-wrenches] A Wrench's computer

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Apr 10 08:56:56 PDT 2009

Joel,
After 28 years of business computing dating from my George Morrow CPM
machine, I purchased my first Mac, a MackBook Pro, 2.4GHz. After 6
months, I have very mixed feelings about it. I love the battery life
and simplicity of features and included programs. Although I am still
in a steep learning curve, there are many things that frustrate me
daily. NO right click button means you need to plug in a mouse so you
can use the many options accessible by a right click. I have my old
Sharp laptop PC on the other desk and find that I often scoot my
rolling chair to it to quickly accomplish something. Perhaps it is
just because it is familiar.

The MacBook seems rugged, has a fairly bright screen although my Sharp
has a sunlight readable, 400 NIT backlight. I am sure once I learn, or
just put up with, the intricateness of the Mac, it will be just fine.
Here's a really positive note: It has never crashed or locked
up...yet. What a feeling!

Larry Crutcher