[RE-wrenches] Line Side Feed In and Disconnects

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Mar 10 21:48:21 PDT 2009

Friends:

I was not aware that the goal was to install the point of connection ahead
of the meter.  The section says:  "A photovoltaic power source shall be
permitted to be connected to the supply side of the service disconnecting
means..."(emphasis added).  The goal is to be down stream of the utility
meter.  Otherwise you are giving away your PV generated electricity.

Granted this is not always easy, but most switch gear has provisions for a
fire pump and this is the point where you connect.

William Miller