[RE-wrenches] Line Side Feed In and Disconnects

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Tue Mar 10 23:09:48 PDT 2009

This is a feed-in tariff program, not a net-metered program. So as long as
the inverter output circuit is metered, no one is giving away any PV
generated electricity. In fact, PV-generated energy is bought at $0.32/kWh:

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/gainesville-to-launch-solar-feed-in-t
ariff-5429.html

>From the utility¹s point of view, the line side connection makes lots of
sense. Any generator that is separately metered‹like a 1MW gas fired
turbine, for example‹is line side connected to the utility grid...on the
utility side of any revenue meter. That is probably why the AHJ wants the
separately metered PV system connected on the utility side of the meter.
They are treating this like any other power plant that feeds the grid and is
paid per kWh generated.