[RE-wrenches] Lightning protection system

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 6 08:31:13 PST 2009

Drake,

Most electricians like to keep the electrical ground and the lightning
ground separate which is probably a good idea, but lightning current is
likely to follow all paths because earth is common. The best practice is to
follow the Code and if the site is in a lightning area, subcontract that
part of the work to a local licensed expert (added cost) or put a clause in
your contract that protects you from acts of god and specify lightning.

Joel Davidson