[RE-wrenches] radiology equipment and inverters

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Wed Nov 19 14:47:46 PST 2008

We have a Fronius inverter system located on the interior wall of the garage next to our offices.  When I get in my car or truck parked outside, and I have the radio set to a strong AM station, I can "hear" the inverter over top of the radio station while parked about 20 feet away and on the oposite side of the wall.  As I pull away the radio interference drops off very quickly at about 30 feet.  The sound is more like harmonic tones, not your typical static.   I don't have this problem around my ol Trace SW40, but this is not intended to be a scientific study.

I have not heard of other equipment bothering inverters and would expect most of the hospital equipment to be shielded.

Jeff Yago