[RE-wrenches] radiology equipment and inverters

Jason Lombard openhandsolar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:24:48 PST 2008

Interesting question. I know all inverter manufacturers are regulated to run
at 60hz in the US and in the case of Fronius they have less than 5% THD
(total harmonic distortion). Are they concerned with issues through the air
or power lines? The line should not effect it I imagine especially since
where the inverter(s) are mounted would not be in the same room as the
equipment. I have heard inverters compared to a washing machine as a
comparative EMF producer.

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Jerry Caldwell <solarcowboy at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Wrenches;
>
> We're talking to a customer who is a hospital and the question came up; can
> inverters interfere with radiology equipment or vice-versa?
>
> Anyone know the answer to this?  Any input is appreciated.
>
> Jerry Caldwell
> Recurrent Energy

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings: