[RE-wrenches] Heat diversion - Hydro coils- Solar

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Tue Nov 11 12:14:15 PST 2008

My .02.

The hydro coils I have installed I have treated like I treat solar hot water
installations. It will need a diversion to eliminate the human factor. I
installed a heat dump, baseboard or a set of coils underground to divert to.
I have used a variety of diversion options some battery direct and some more
main stream. An aqua stat to a relay and a pump rated for the temperature it
is about to encounter, works well with battery based. Same for a grid tied
application. Steal 24 VAC from a transformer in place of the battery
voltage.
Apricus Solar has a HEAT DIVERSION air unit that is rated for [30] of the
Apricus tubes, it will divert 30K BTU per day on an annualized basis.
Basically a small radiator I have a commercial heat diversion valve that is
available  and opens and starts to divert at 190 DEG. F.

Contact me off line at below if you are interested.

Thanks -

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc
www.solarwork.com