[RE-wrenches] hydro coils

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Nov 11 08:38:20 PST 2008

At 02:12 PM 11/10/2008, you wrote:
>It also helps to run the water coming from the bottom of the tank (to your
>coil) through some baseboard so once the tank is heated to the bottom it
>starts dumping heat as more is gathered.

That sounds like an excellent idea.  An aquastat controlled valve or
pump that would circulate the hot water through a baseboard heater
when the tank approached dangerous temperatures seems to be a perfect
solution.  Using a P/T valve as the only safety makes me uneasy.  If
it were vented to a good drain where no one could get scalded, and it
almost never was triggered, it might be ok.

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric
OH License 44810
CO License 3773