[RE-wrenches] Apricus SHW Charging

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Thu Oct 30 07:44:23 PDT 2008

Carl,

I install APRICUS evacuated collectors too:

Guess I missed that in the manual about the 72.5 PSI [.5 PSI? right], still
looking for it.

I set my system pressure to 20 PSI @ cold [no tubes in the collector] plus
[elevation compensation ] of + 1 psi per 2.3 ft of head, and typically use a
50 psi PRV. So, basically 22 PSI for collectors on a single story roof and
30 PSI for a two story installation.
I set the expansion tank bladder pre-charge to the 20 PSI plus head
adjustment pressure too. No call backs on this pressure combination for me.

Best solar hot water collector I have installed to date. I enjoy the 190+
deg. F solar heated water in my tank. I do not feel guilty about that long
shower at the end of the day.

I sent a copy of this to my supplier for their input and will report back on
their advise.

Stay in Hot water All!

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc