[RE-wrenches] Personal project: roofing colors

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Wed Sep 24 09:18:53 PDT 2008

Hi William. White roofs can be very effective. SMUD has an extensive white roofs program in Sacramento. Not only do they help cool an individual building, but in inner-city situations they can decrease ambient temperatures.

http://www.fypower.org/pdf/LBNL_CoolRoofs_Overview.PDF

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/12/white_roofs_to.php