[RE-wrenches] Personal project: roofing colors

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Sep 24 09:05:41 PDT 2008

Friends:

I have an energy question on a personal project.  We are adding two rooms
to our house and it is time to select roofing colors.  Nothing will match
the weird comp shingles already on our roof, so we are going to not match
and re-roof the rest of the house later.  In the meantime, I need to pick a
shingle color.  How much difference does a lighter roof color make here in
our inland California (Mediterranean) climate?  We get over 100F frequently
in the summer.

Thanks for your insight.

William Miller