[RE-wrenches] Advanced Energy Inc. Grid-Tie Inverters

Rob Harlan mendosol at mcn.org
Tue Sep 23 12:45:10 PDT 2008

Jeff,
Input voltage on the AEI GC-1000 is 48VDC.  I have had two stop working and
my usual source for servicing inverters wouldn¹t return my calls when they
heard the brand name.  These units are very simple inside. If you can¹t or
don¹t want to rewire the array and use a different inverter you might try
opening it up.  I was able to put one back in business by replacing a fuse
holder with a fried connection.  The second one that went out I took to the
local high school electronics lab where the students were able to replace a
couple of standard components.  I am sorry I don¹t have more details but
don¹t expect any warranty service on these guys.
Rob
Rob Harlan
Executive Director
Solar Energy Society of Canada