XW6048 running a 1HP pump? [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler p.undercuffler at conergy.us
Tue Jun 10 11:22:43 PDT 2008

Chris,

I think there should be no problem running a single hp sub pump with the
XW6048, even if it's a two wire pump.  In our informal testing here, we
were trying to test the XW's limits with an unbalanced 120v load.  We
had two electric heaters on as a background load (approximately 1200
watts total, one per phase), then hit it with a surge load of 120v
inductive motors all on one phase, and measured the voltage on both the
loaded and unloaded phase as well as AC amperage on the loaded phase.

We reached the limits of our test circuit with two air compressors, two
routers, a chopsaw and a planer turning on at the same time, for a 133A
AC spike (not including the background heater load).  I don't think we
were even near the ultimate limit of the inverter.  Voltage regulation
between loaded and unloaded phases was impressive, not varying more than
7.2 volts.

In comparison, the old SW5548 (admittedly never known for its surge
capability) tripped offline with half that load.

Phil Undercuffler
Director, Battery-based and Off-grid
Conergy, Inc.
Our World is Full of Energy