XW6048 running a 1HP pump? [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Mon Jun 9 09:51:09 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

We had an older 1 Hp pump that ran on an SW4024, but NOT on a Outback
VFX3624.
Funny, because I've run 3 HP pumps on a pair of Outbacks.
So this particular 1 Hp pump surged to over 5000 watts but less than
7000 (according to the inverter ratings)
THis pump had some issues, but you need to have enough head room to
handle the pump as it ages.
We fixed this one with a Franklin constant pressure controller that
acts like the Grundfos SQE (No surge, pump varies rpm to always match
flow to constant pressure)
It can work with any regular submersible AC pump.
I haven't tried the XW 6048, but it sounds like a monster. I'm pretty
sure it should handle it,
and if not you switch the controller out. You don't have to pull the
pump or change the plumbing.

Ray Walters

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php