Roof top J-boxes [RE-wrenches]

Karl Schwingel karl at northwindrenewable.com
Fri Apr 18 06:26:10 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

I'm not sure of the "bell box" that you're talking about, but we've attached
a cast aluminum outdoor box to the rail, then take an LB out the side of the
box and down thru an Oatey solar flashing.  this all fits under the panels
if they're on a standard uni-rack mount.

I've also just lagged down a NEMA 4X fibreglass box thru the box to a
rafter, with a piece of sealtite thru the back.  Lots of Butyl Caulk around
and under that, and a piece of tin above slipped under the shingles.

seems to work fine here.

karl