metering 1-phase inverter in 3-phase service? [RE-wrenches]

Steve Johnson stevejohnson at comcast.net
Sun Jan 20 20:25:17 PST 2008

Nik,

You can buy a 5th terminal lug for your regular 240 volt meter base that
will let it accept a Form 12s network meter from the utility.  (about
$6.00) This is what my utility required.  However others have said the
regular meter base worked fine.  I'm monitoring an installation each way
to see what how they read compared to the inverter 'etotal' kwh reading.

Steve

Nicholas Ponzio wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> We're installing a Sunny Boy 5000US in a commercial building with
> 3-phase 208 (L1, L2, L3, N). The output of the SB will only be
> 1-phase, 208 (L1, L2, N). How do I meter this? Will a standard 240V
> kwh meter be accurate in this application or do I need a 3-phase
> meter?
>
> Thanks in advance for any input.
> -Nik

Steve Johnson