metering 1-phase inverter in 3-phase service? [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 15:35:14 PST 2008

Sorry to post twice, I took a look at meter diagram.
the 4 jaw meter has a voltage coil and two current
coils to determine the power.  The Sunny Boy 5000US
does not send power on the neutral I believe.  So the
4 jaw should work fine.  The 5 Jaw meter form 12S has
two voltage coils and two current coils.  So it can
acuracly measure the power on a (two legs) of a three
phase power.  The 12S meter is not very expensive ,and
Austin Inc (austininc.com) has low cost 5 jaw meters
an meter sockets.
hope this is helpful
Darryl
--- Nicholas Ponzio <nponzio at buildingenergyus.com>