[RE-wrenches] Mates Losing time & dates

Jeff Wongstrom/ Sarah Anderson thirstylake at interbel.net
Tue Dec 16 08:23:12 PST 2008

Hello Jay and Tump,

I set up a mate for autostart six weeks ago.  Before leaving the
remote job site I started the genny from the mate by raising the two
minute start voltage above the current battery voltage and waited two
minutes.  The genny started confirming that the AGS was functioning
properly.

I recently talked with the mostly savvy client and he claims that the
generator has never autostarted and that the battery voltage remains
below the ags 2h and 24h settings for extended periods of time
without the genny starting.  He has been starting the genny manually
from the power center to get the batteries charged.

Is this the problem that you have seen?  It was only a two hour drive
each way in October when the short cut through the mountains was
open.  Now I am looking at a 3-4 hour drive each way over icey roads
otherwise I would visit the site with a spare mate without hesitation.

Is the time and date loss a problem in conjunction with the ags issue?

Jeff

Thirsty Lake Solar
PO Box 538
Eureka, MT 59917