[RE-wrenches] Need help to get power torque wrench

Jason Lombard openhandsolar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 08:56:00 PST 2008

Hello Darryl,
I am a big fan of manually tightening all bolts and panel clips on any
array. I have done this on a MW tracker and racking systems on schools,
which were checked by a special inspector who required them to be hand
torqued and yes it's a lot, but in many peoples minds hand tightened is
worth it. I do know folks who use a cordless drill and turn the setting down
so as not to strip bolts and then go through and torque by hand.

Mostly this is a personnel opinion on the process and wanted to relay my
experiences.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Darryl Thayer <daryl_solar at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi all, I need advice
> I am soon starting a 1000 module system, uning top down mounts, What power
> tools will tighten to torque specification?  I will want to tighten each SS
> 1/4" nut on bolt to proper specs.  This is about 2000 bolts, so i want a
> power tool, either air or battery electric, or electric that will tighten to
> specification.
>
> Thanks Darryl

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings: