[RE-wrenches] Need help to get power torque wrench

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 12 11:19:31 PST 2008

Wrenches
I have adapted a  1/4 inch drive deep, 6 point socket onto a T-handled hand tapping wrench. It makes for a balanced tightening tool for long spins of the nuts onto the T bolts. The T handle is removable to easily stash in a tool pouch.
Don't forget the anti-seize goop.

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
817.917.0527
ntrei at earthlink.net
www.ntrei.com

  Hello Darryl,
  I am a big fan of manually tightening all bolts and panel clips on any array. I have done this on a MW tracker and racking systems on schools, which were checked by a special inspector who required them to be hand torqued and yes it's a lot, but in many peoples minds hand tightened is worth it. I do know folks who use a cordless drill and turn the setting down so as not to strip bolts and then go through and torque by hand.

  Mostly this is a personnel opinion on the process and wanted to relay my experiences.