[RE-wrenches] California solar intiatives

nick vida nickvida at eesolar.com
Sun Oct 5 14:24:26 PDT 2008

On prop 10,

yes you may feel whatever way you would like about Pickens. Seeing how
much windy land he owns in texas and that he owns clean energy natural gas
stations makes it a bit insipid that he is trying to use the government to
increase his infrastructure. But as a tradesman, if you dont think natural
gas is a important way to run your fleet of heavy vehicles now and in the
future, then i dont understand that. You can run CNG right now, in fact I
do and have for years. It is effective and lower emissions (isnt that part
of what your business is? environmentalism?) I have seen one work van that
runs on batteries in europe that has a low range and a long charge time.
The reality of our business and all the other tradesman is driving up to
200 miles a day and driving around often. You can do what you are doing
now, (buying gas until the battery van comes out never joel?), run a
neighborhood business, or use natural gas. And if you do already, then you
welcome an increase in the infrastructure and can only hope they will use
garbage and cow poop to reach increasing demand instead of imports. And of
course, when the sales fleet and customers are all going around in EVs,
you are right Joel, this state will have officially pulled its head out of
its natural pocket.