[RE-wrenches] Security hardware

Hans Frederickson hans at fredelectric.com
Wed Oct 1 13:52:54 PDT 2008

After reading this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/24/technology/24solar.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&o
ref=slogin

I was reminded to look into offering security options to customers with
particularly accessible arrays. Unirac offers starhead bolts with breakaway
nuts:
http://www.unirac.com/pdf/ii909.pdf

I'm interested in hearing about folks' experience with this hardware, or
equivalent systems. What other measures do you take to safeguard an
installation for your customers? At a minimum, I will now use an engraving
tool to mark each module with the installation address. I'm curious to hear
other ideas. <insert standard joke about energizing the metal parts and
bypassing GFI protection here>

I'm sure this was covered before, so if anyone has links to past threads on
this topic, please post that so newer members can look in the archive.

Thanks,
-Hans