[RE-wrenches] Utility disco DC?

R. Walters walters at taosnet.com
Tue Sep 2 18:39:48 PDT 2008

Considering its a utility issue and not required by code, it seems it
would be up to them. It would definitely work as a disconnect on an
batteryless system.
Our utility here would just see the lockable external disco, and
never look any further into the details.
You could probably just mount an empty box on the wall with a big
label "UTILITY DISCONNECT"
and pull it off the wall after.
We're making head way here on getting our utility to drop this
requirement.
I took them a copy of that NREL report that stated it actually cost
them more money to operate the grid by requiring the disconnects.
THanks to whoever that was on the list that posted the link.

Ray

On Sep 2, 2008, at 1:56 PM, Drake Chamberlin wrote:

> Hello Wrenches
>
> Can the lockable utility disconnect be DC?  Has anyone tried
> this?   On an add on system we found this had been done.   It would
> be convenient to use this method.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drake

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org