[RE-wrenches] Utility disco DC?

tom jacoby jacoby_tom at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:13:06 PDT 2008

I can confirm that we got the DC Disco approved as the Utility Disco with a local Utility per the logic David mentioned in his email.

The Utility did test the system and the disconnect in the field prior to approving the interconnection.

Tommy

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:28:00 -0500From: david.brearley at solarprofessional.comTo: drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org; re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.orgSubject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Utility disco DC?
One of my previous colleagues negotiated this on a high profile project in a new jurisdiction. The inspector didn’t have a problem with this. You should definitely talk to the AHJ. It’s not a difficult case to make: no PV input = no inverter output. Good luck,DavidOn 9/2/08 2:56 PM, "Drake Chamberlin" <drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org> wrote:
Hello WrenchesCan the lockable utility disconnect be DC?  Has anyone tried this?   On an add on system we found this had been done.   It would be convenient to use this method.   Thanks,Drake

_______________________________________________List sponsored by Home Power magazineList Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.orgOptions & settings:http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.orgList rules & etiquette:www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htmCheck out participant bios:www.members.re-wrenches.orgDavid Brearley, Technical EditorSolarPro magazine NABCEP Certified PV Installer ™david.brearley at solarprofessional.comDirect: 541.261.6545Fax:  541.512.0343Visit our Web site at solarprofessional.com