[RE-wrenches] Utility disco DC?

Jeff Clearwater jeffc at villagepower.com
Tue Sep 2 19:17:25 PDT 2008

Hi Drake,

Yes  - one of the utilities we work with is fine with an external DC
disco when a disco is required (commercial).  It's a good point to
make as a precedent - no DC = no AC.

We (and the local fire dept.) thinks it actually makes more sense
than an AC disco.   If the utility is going to require an unnecessary
device - at least it should benefit the fire dept.

Add that to your no DC = no AC argument to the AHJ.

Best of Luck,

Jeff C.

--
Jeff Clearwater