SW4048 with GTI- suitable for off-grid? [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Tue Jul 1 11:29:26 PDT 2008

Hi William,

The GTI units are only needed if the SW's are to be used in Sell mode.
In your case the GTI's do not need to be installed, and the inverters
can be used as-is without problem. Even in an on grid application, if
the inverters are not in sell mode, the GTIs don't need to be connected.

Just FYI, if dealing with a system that already has the GTIs connected,
the only requirement is to remove the 9-pin ribbon cable from the GTI.
Power conductors do not need to be removed/rerouted.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Edmunds
Xantrex Technology Inc.