350 feet to barn- grounding [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Sun Jun 29 15:18:03 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Steve;

For lightning protection purposes, you're right. It would be better
to not connect the grounding systems. For grouchy inspectors though,
I think you'll need that ground wire. You may be able to run a bare
copper conductor outside the conduit, which would help reduce your
impedance to ground.
If it helps....Article 690 is more confusing than ever regarding
ground requirements. Get the 2008 NEC Handbook with illustrations,
and try to make sense out of it all: you and the inspector will be
crying in no time....
Have some tissues and donuts on hand, and he may just walk away
without giving you a hard time.

Ray Walters

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php