Kyocera [RE-wrenches]

Chris Daum info at oasismontana.com
Wed Jun 18 07:51:13 PDT 2008

 Hi all:

We've sold a lot of the Kyocera 120s and 130s.  Early on, there was a
quality issue with some of the 120s -- they had some bad production runs.  I
had a fellow in Palo Alto buy 64 of the KC120s (for a grid-tie system) back
in 2001; after a year or so there were some low voltage modules (bad solder
issues).  He documented it very well, and Kyocera took all the modules back,
and replaced them with 125s, which have had no further degradation.  They
paid the freight to and from, but there was no recompense for the labor.
But, the customer was happy for the swap.

I have had a couple other bum 120s but Kyocera has stepped up to the plate
promptly with replacements.  Back around '89 to '91, Solarex had some bad
MSX60s and MSX64s, and they weren't nearly as co-operative with
replacements....

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.