point of connection [RE-wrenches]

David Buckner dbuckner at solaresystems.com
Sat May 3 06:31:56 PDT 2008

Wrenches,
If Larry's line side service connection, even with its closer proximity, becomes costlier than the potential load side connection, could he feed a subpanel with the two 30A PV input breakers, then feed into the house MDP with a 40A breaker from this subpanel?  This would require calculations of DC input and resulting max AC output of the inverters.  If the inverters  won't ever be putting out 20A anyway, then the 40A (continuous duty?) breaker shouldn't be tripping and code would be met?  I'm asking, not telling.  Larry, what is the DC STC input anyway?

David