point of connection [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Sat May 3 12:20:34 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Great info, thanks for posting William.
This brought up a couple more questions.
1) How is interrupt capacity calculated for the breaker or fuse?
2) Wiles didn't show any pics of taps, which would have been great,
and he didn't mention tapping into the cable itself with
a bolt-on splice that penetrates through the insulation. I'e heard
those could be installed "hot".
3) He showed an exothermic splice to the ground wire, but he didn't
go into a lot of detail or show approved grounding methods in the
drawings.
It would be great to show maybe 3 different examples of approved
grounding methods for everyone to see.
I think there is some confusion on proper grounding for grid tie
systems, since the house grounding system already exists.
My understanding is that separate ground conductors are required for
both AC and DC that run uninterrupted back to the ground rod.
I'm a bit confused though, as many inverters, and Midnight solar
boxes share AC & DC in one box, with one ground bar.
How do we meet the separate AC/DC ground conductor requirement then?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

On May 2, 2008, at 6:15 PM, William Miller wrote:

> Bill/Wrenches:
>
> Here is the link to the article:  http://www.nmsu.edu/~tdi/pdf-
> resources/IAEI-1to2-06.pdf
>
> To say it is chock full of information is an understatement.
>
> Thanks,
>
> William Miller

R. Walters
Solarray.com