Why I abuse batteries was: trojan battery cycle [RE-wrenches]

Jim Duncan ntrei at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 23 10:06:30 PST 2008

A couple of years ago, I replied to this question about accurate battery
testing with a suggestion that the Duo Chek optical battery tester was
well worth it's $100 price tag. I was chided for spending such an
extravagent amount for a tool when a cheaper one would work. (And how
many Klein tools are in your toolbag?)
Mine is around 15 years old (I got it when it was 5) and it has been
dropped hard several times. Don't try that with your glass tube type
testers.
Anyway, the cheaper ones don't work accurately unless you do the
temperature calcs and are sure that the floating balls are not just
stuck to the inside of the tube because it wasn't cleaned completely
last time. The Duo chek is temp compensated.
It's not digital and it's not $100 any more but it's worth every dime.
I promise I'm not smirking...
http://www.kerncoinstr.com/11j14.htm

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
Fort Worth, Texas
www.ntrei.com

Travis Creswell wrote:

I assume we would all agree what Specific gravity is about the most
accurate to way to determine state of charge.
So here is possibly dumb question that I've wondered about for years.
Is there such a thing as digital specific gravity meter?

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael.welch at re-wrenches.org