Why I abuse batteries was: trojan battery cycle [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Sat Feb 16 10:30:48 PST 2008

The bubbles don’t change the SG of the sample drawn into the hydrometer as
long as you tap the hydrometer until they are dislodged from the float at
which time they rise to air space at the top.  Right?  Or are we talking
about microscopic bubbles that I can't see (like air entrained air in a
boiler when you initially fill it?)?

I always thought the bubbles in my hydrometer came from the action of
drawing the sample to quickly or not having the hydrometer fully immersed in
the electrolyte.  Because when I draw the sample slowly I get a nearly
bubble free sample.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services