AHCA Certification [RE-wrenches]

John McNicholas keypowerservices at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 12:38:36 PDT 2008

Wrenches,
Has anybody dealt with Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) certified buildings and installing PV?  We are trying to sell a 25 kw grid-tie job on a medical building (they do scope procedures) which has separate life support and critical backup systems in addition to general lighting circuits.  Apparently the AHCA certifies the building for this purpose and has 'jurisdiction' over the electrical systems.  We will be doing a service tap outside the building to avoid altering any existing systems.  They have asked for documentation (which has been supplied) and I am afraid that a prolonged response or complex requirements from them may sink the project - not sure what to expect nor how to deal with them.  Any knowledge to share would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

John McNicholas
Key Power Services, Inc.