makita charger question [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Wed Dec 5 03:08:58 PST 2007

`  Hi Jay,
I cannot speak authoritatively about the Makita Li-Ion charger but all the Makita Ni-Mh chargers _listed_ capable of charging 2.6 amp-hour batteries are capable of operating on the common (inexpensive) mod sine 200 watt inverters ubiquitiously availabilie. Makita is well known for their superior motors. They are IMHO frontrunners in the battery application technology, too.

My one and only beef with my Makita chargers is that _sometines_ one of the chargers will short cycle the charging process and indicate charged when it has only been on for some ten minutes or so. Putting the battery in another charger will give it a full charge.

Anyone who can explain this phenonona and hopefully provide a solution will incurr my everlasting gratitude.

--
Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com