Long Beach Solar Convention[RE-wrenches]

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Mon Oct 1 09:54:48 PDT 2007

I was also down at the convention and expo and noticed the plethora of
Chinese manufacturers.

Since we carry a 10 year warranty on all parts of the system I am certainly
not willing to select no-name Chinese made products for our jobs. We can't
afford to take panels off the roof. My experience with smaller Chinese
manufactures from my work in the automotive field is that their quality
control can vary from shipment to shipment. Big companies like Sun Tech
probably have their QC down and I have to admit that their PV modules look
good.

All that said, some of the best and most reliable products can be
manufactured in China. My laptop, an IBM, was made in China and it has been
great.

I think companies need to be selected on a case by case basis and not so
much on where they are from.

-August

Luminalt