Long Beach Solar Convention[RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Mon Oct 1 09:39:06 PDT 2007

I am sure many on this list was at the show, but I did not see any of you most likely because this was the most crowded business to business solar convention I have ever attended. It looks like solar has really come into the mainstream!

On several past posts I have mentioned my concern for products made in China and the problems we have had with many of these. To really drive this concern home, I have never seen so many new solar modules and inverters made in China, and I must admit they look good. However, my experience and concern is that many of these great looking products will have all kinds of problems that will not show up until after installation, and I would hate to try to work out a warranty repair while talking with somebody at a service desk in China with who knows what kind of time difference.

While checking out the booths I know I picked up at least 30 to 40 different module specification sheets and all were modules made in China. Yes, they really do look just like quality Made in USA modules, but then, so does their compact fluorescent light bulbs! Anybody else see this storm on the horizon?

Jeff Yago
DTI Solar

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com