Rafter locator recommendation [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu Aug 30 06:13:05 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

All good advice, but when you CAN access the attic, we like to start
with a 1/8" pilot hole UP from the attic just on one side of a
rafter. 1) gives you a known starting position and 2) gives you a
chance to perhaps measure the OTHER rafters/trusses to see if the
builder used the spec of "24" centers" more as a guideline than an
absolute. Ya know?
Cheers, Bob-O

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php