Rafter locator recommendation [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Tue Aug 28 17:41:22 PDT 2007

For composite shingle roofs prefer we a rubber mallet ($6 maybe... and if
you dig through the $2 el-chepo hand tool you can find them at the local
hardware store ).

You can hit the roof hard enough to feel the decking flex underneath without
damaging the shingles. You can zero right in on the rafter with just a few
whacks.  When you feel like you hit something you're above the rafter
otherwise you clearly hear and feel the hollow sound.  Works great for us!

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services