Rafter locator recommendation [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Aug 28 10:58:17 PDT 2007

Steve,

You may be thinking of the Bosch D-Tect 100 Wallscanner.

You can't buy it in the US.

I bought mine from these guys. Everything when well with the on-line
purchase, cost me about $1200 USD after everything:

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/products.php?cat=Wall%20Scanners#BOSCHD-
TECT%20100

The scanner works very well with standard composite shingle on ply or osb
sheeting.

Results on flat built up roofs are not as consistent. These are not the
application that the device was designed for, but I find that it is very
effective for my needs.

MPF